WSU sport management students have teamed up with Hilinski's Hope for the 3For3 Burpee Challenge in order to help reach their fundraising goal of $2,000,000 and raise awareness for mental health.
"The Hilinski’s Hope Foundation (H3H) was founded in 2018 by Mark and Kym Hilinski to honor the life of their son Tyler, who died by suicide on January 16, 2018. Tyler was a Division-1 QB at Washington State University, and his death was a shock to those around him, including his teammates family and friends. He showed no visible signs of depression or mental illness, and must have been suffering in silence."
To join the challenge simply do the following:
- Record a video doing the 3 FOR 3 Burpee Challenge.
- Anytime on or after March 3, post the video to Instagram and Twitter.
- Tag @3for3BurpeeChallenge and use the hashtags #wecangetup #3for3 and #hilinskishope.
- For the caption, feel free to personalize it or use "#wecangetup for those who are down. Let's break the stigma together with @3for3burpeechallenge and @hilinskishop #3for3 #hilinskishope."
- "Hi! This is . I'm doing the 3 FOR 3 Burpee Challenge for Hilinski's Hope to raise awareness for mental health. Now I'm going to do 3 burpees to get up for those who are down and I challenge X, Y, Z"
- DO BURPEES
- "Please donate today."